Thursday, August 28, 2014

Design-i: Camille Henrot

Frieze New York can be a daunting and exhilarating experience. Not to mention the sea journey to get there, which is actually quite fun provided you take a water taxi and are not prone to seasickness.

It's a huge place, to say the least.

So I typically hit the show with my running loafers on and move like a bloodhound on the scent of a Milkbone. It's a lot to take in and focus on especially if you're in the market for something special.

So when I screeched to a halt mid step and spied this jewel out of the corner of my eye, I was so utterly delighted.
Photo by me at the Kamel Mennour booth at Frieze New York

Camille Henrot
Head of the Fish
Desktop series 2014
Bronze

Sadly it had already been sold by the time I got to it. So I will have to be content
with this image....for now.

Henrot has a wonderful body of work of installations as well as pieces. I urge you to do your own research and Google her.

The Pale Fox

© Camille Henrot
Commissioned and produced by Chisenhale Gallery in partnership with Kunsthal Charlottenborg, Bétonsalon, and Westfälischer Kunstverein. Courtesy kamel mennour and Johann König. Photo: Andy Keate. 

I'd love to hear what you think of her work, please do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment